House Democrats on Tuesday released their proposal for the fifth coronavirus relief bill. CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman and Jennifer Shutt discuss what’s in the $3 trillion bill, how the legislation sets a starting point for future negotiations with Republicans and why progressives aren’t happy with the package.
- Democrats’ $3 trillion virus aid bill back on for House vote Friday
- Fed’s Powell to Congress: Economy needs more fiscal relief
- Bill would add food aid, give ethanol, livestock loss relief
- States, local governments would get $1 trillion in Democrats’ aid package
- Democrats widen eligibility for payroll loans, but add no funds