The Supreme Court begins its new term on Oct. 4, and the stakes are sky high for the justices. They will hear cases that could usher in sweeping changes on abortion and gun rights, all amid a time of intense political pressure on the court.
CQ Roll Call senior writer and legal affairs correspondent Todd Ruger joins the Political Theater podcast to discuss the upcoming term.
- Supreme Court at crossroads in term with abortion and gun cases
- Federal courts boost request for judicial reinforcements
- Supreme Court plans return to in-person arguments next month
- Supreme Court lets Texas anti-abortion law remain in effect
- The Supreme Court: It’s all about the politics
- Supreme Court sidesteps controversy in term punctuated by politics and pandemic
- Lawmakers weigh in on proposals to change the Supreme Court