North Carolina is a political player, a battleground state visited and fought over by national candidates in both parties. And Charlotte has had challenges that mirror those of many big American cities: protests and debates over police reform and frustrations that all citizens don’t share in its economic growth and opportunity. Mary C. Curtis speaks to Charlotte Mayor Vi Lyles about the election and what comes next.
- ‘Republicans often racialize poverty. Democrats often run from poverty’
- Joe Biden, Clarence Thomas and Amy Coney Barrett with Angela Wright
- Breonna Taylor, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the future of our country with Fatima Goss Graves
- Dem losses could lead to calls for leadership changes in Congress
- Don’t look now: The fight for the Senate continues into 2022