Few political issues are as polarizing as abortion, and now abortion opponents are on the cusp of a potentially epic win after decades of incremental gains.
History professor Jennifer L. Holland discusses the politics of abortion rights, which are in focus after the Supreme Court announced it will hear a challenge to a new Mississippi law that severely restricts the procedure, and will likely be decided shortly before next year’s midterm elections.
- Could Supreme Court supercharge midterms with abortion ruling?
- Supreme Court to hear Mississippi abortion ban case
- Shareholders question corporate dollars supporting abortion restrictions
- Senators aim fire at each other at first hearing for Biden judicial nominees
- McConnell: ‘We’re going to clean the plate’ on judges