With the Electoral College certifying Joe Biden’s victory and Senate Republicans acknowledging that fact, is the presidential race finally over? Not a chance!
In this special edition of the Political Theater podcast, Katherine Tully-McManus discusses possible challenges to the congressional counting of electoral votes.
Meanwhile, Jessica Wehrman talks about Biden’s pick for Transportation secretary, a certain former Midwestern mayor whose name rhymes with something-something-edge-edge.
And finally, the president-elect headed down to Georgia on Tuesday — to stump for Democratic Senate candidates Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock. Stephanie Akin talks about their Jan. 5 runoffs against Republican incumbents David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, which will determine who controls the Senate in the 117th Congress, and how much of a headache that will be for a Biden administration’s agenda. No pressure!
- McConnell recognizes Biden win: ‘The Electoral College has spoken’
- Buttigieg would bring his agenda and Biden’s to Department of Transportation
- Biden thanks Senate Republicans for acknowledging his Electoral College victory
- Rep. Paul Mitchell leaves GOP, citing ‘unacceptable’ postelection behavior
- November results leave little doubt: Georgia Senate runoffs are Toss-ups