President-elect Joe Biden has poached his first member of Congress for his administration, Louisiana Democrat Cedric L. Richmond, who will become a senior adviser to the president and director of the White House Office of Public Engagement.
In this special episode of the Political Theater podcast, we talk about how Richmond could end up being among the most influential staffers for Biden. Plus, CQ Roll Call’s Katherine Tully-McManus walks us through a busy and disorienting orientation day on Capitol Hill.
- Black History Month: Cedric Richmond on the ‘Work to Do’ Ahead
- ‘The rules are different for you’: Black lawmakers on when they got ‘the talk’
- House’s Louisiana baseball stars reflect on their friendship, the 2017 shooting
- Bern notice: House Democratic leaders calm rank and file as Clyburn boosts Biden
- Democratic domination continues in Congressional Baseball Game