This week, the White House marked the 31st anniversary of the signing of the Americans With Disabilities Act, touted as a bipartisan success story that has delivered for Americans, and hinted it could be used to help secure voting rights.
CQ Roll Call chief correspondent Niels Lesniewski joins the Political Theater podcast to talk about the law, and the challenges remaining.
- Bipartisan ADA celebration clouded by current climate
- Staff training key to shifting attitudes on accessibility for disability community
- Congress still playing catch-up on accessibility, despite progress, 30 years after ADA
- Behind a resolution, a story about a stroke
- Tom Harkin is reflecting, but trying not to stare