President Joe Biden outlined his plan for spending big on key areas in his prime-time address to Congress, calling for over $4 trillion in new spending with tax hikes on corporations and upper-income households. CQ Roll Call’s Jennifer Shutt and David Lerman discuss the hurdles Democrats will face trying to pass the proposal.
- Biden’s border wall funding freeze under review
- Mark McKinnon: Biden could go bigger than ‘anybody since FDR’
- Earmark requests headed for scrutiny as deadline approaches
- Beyond policy, Biden’s first address to Congress about preserving democracy
- Senate Republicans push $568 billion counteroffer on infrastructure