It has been more than a year since the killing of George Floyd sparked cries for police reform and even defunding. But it has all but stalled on the national level as time has passed and as the FBI reports a historic rise in murder rates.
Mary C. Curtis speaks with author and professor David Kennedy, director of the National Network for Safe Communities, to understand why and what the next steps should be. Also, ‘Equal Time’ checks in on COVID-19 vaccine equity with Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith, who leads President Joe Biden’s health equity task force.
- ‘It’s always urgent when it’s about vote, voice and power’
- Reconciliation, infrastructure and the social safety net
- MLK III: ‘Listen with your ears, hear with your heart’
- ‘This is about whether or not we will have a democracy or an autocracy,’ Clyburn says on voting rights
- ‘The flag would still be flying today’