These days, every day feels historic. But Jan. 13, 2021, is a big one: The House impeached President Donald Trump for a second time, making him the only president to be impeached twice. During a pandemic. That’s new too. With thousands of National Guardsmen stationed inside the Capitol, protecting lawmakers against a repeat of the violent attack on Jan. 6. And Capitol Police face the music, with an inspector general report looking into what happened during that Jan. 6 riot. Lindsey McPherson, Jim Saksa and Chris Marquette break it down for us.
- House impeaches Trump in wake of mob attack on Capitol
- 34 House Democrats call for investigation into Jan. 5 tours by fellow members ahead of attack
- Troops are sleeping in the Capitol. It’s been a rare sight since the Civil War
- Capitol Police IG opens investigation into Jan. 6 riot
- The current divide in the GOP isn’t that deep