CQ Roll Call’s senior political reporter Bridget Bowman says Republicans competing for Jeff Sessions’ Senate seat in Alabama are striving to tell primary voters just how much they support Donald Trump and, perhaps surprisingly, are using Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell as a punching bag.
- Trump Piles on McConnell Criticism
- Trump Endorses Strange in Alabama Senate Primary
- Brooks Tries to Break Through in Alabama Senate Primary
- Hannity Fixes Crosshairs on McConnell
- Photos: In Alabama Senate Special Election, Candidates Try to Stand Out
Senator Mitch McConnell said I had “excessive expectations,” but I don’t think so. After 7 years of hearing Repeal & Replace, why not done?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 9, 2017
As a reminder, Pence is golfing with senators today at Trump’s club in Virginia.