We are learning more about what law enforcement knew before the insurrection at the Capitol last week and it's not a pretty picture.
The Washington Post reported Tuesday that the FBI wrote a stark report warning of violence but no one seemed to pay attention. And the Capitol Police, the lead law enforcement agency in charge of protecting lawmakers on the Hill, is in disarray, CQ Roll Call's Chris Marquette reports in this special episode of Political Theater.
Then, what's in a word or two? CQ Roll Call's Todd Ruger reports on how GOP lawmakers' refusal to say who perpetrated the attack help fuels the false narrative that left-wing groups were responsible.
- When it comes to security clearances, rules for others don’t apply to Congress
- More federal action sought on Trump-supporting flight disruptors
- More lawmakers test positive after superspreader event during Capitol riot
- Several Senate Armed Services members oppose Austin waiver
- Election predictions look different (and better) now that all the races are over