Public pressure on lawmakers is growing across the country to reduce gun violence, but Congress may only be able to pass incremental legislation, explains CQ Roll Call’s legal affairs writer Todd Ruger.
In the second segment of this podcast, we explore how Congress and a South Carolina center are trying to address the loss of land and wealth, particularly among African Americans, in what is commonly referred to as Heirs Property. Josh Walden of the Center for Heirs’ Property Preservation in South Carolina discusses how thousands of acres of land, from the south to Appalachia, may be in dispute because of the lack of legal records.
- Trump sees ‘serious discussions’ on background checks, but NRA balks
- Gun control legislation again faces political headwinds following three deadly shootings
- Rep. Tim Ryan leads gun control ‘caravan’ to Mitch McConnell’s hometown
- Trump dings Biden during post-shootings trip, as lawmakers handle visits differently
- After shootings, Trump again shows he prefers political brawler to consoler in chief