Donald Trump won Wisconsin in 2016 by just 27,000 votes. Now, to beat him in 2020, it is crucial that Democrats win the state. A new poll from Marquette University Law School finds that Democrats face an uphill battle and, it seems, the impeachment hearings in Washington aren’t helping them. Charles Franklin, who runs the Marquette poll, joins the podcast today to talk about why Wisconsinites believe that the president pressured Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden, but they also don’t think it was an impeachable offense.
- House Republicans overlook oversight in Trump defense
- Pentagon official says Ukraine asked about military aid in July
- Lots of no-shows for impeachment inquiry depositions
- Senate Democrats question Pentagon over protecting impeachment witnesses
- Impeachment news roundup: Nov. 20