In this episode, CQ Roll Call’s John M. Donnelly examines an overlooked provision in the Pentagon’s proposed budget that would cut chemical and biological defense programs in the next fiscal year despite heightened risk to U.S. troops. We also review the latest health policy news, and explore how lawmakers want the U.S. to spend more on international aid, despite the president’s intention to withdraw from the World Health Organization.
- Amid pandemic, Pentagon would cut ‘chem-bio’ protections
- New Jersey’s machine takes a rare loss on primary day
- For Congress, rancor and politics overshadow consequential coronavirus relief
- 6 things to watch in Maine, Texas and Alabama primaries
- Rating changes: Democratic control of Senate more likely because of Trump