CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman and Jennifer Shutt discuss some of the key provisions in the fiscal 2021 Labor-HHS-Education spending bill, including money for emergency funding for public health agencies, reductions to charter school funding and a provision blocking federal funding for abortions in most cases.
- Appropriations gavel candidate pledges federal resources for minorities
- Negotiators look for common ground on unemployment aid extension
- Domino effect: Washington football team’s name, statues in DC, in Capitol, face removal
- Julian Castro plans to get out the immigrant vote in 2020
- Amid pandemic, Pentagon would cut ‘chem-bio’ protections