The COVID-19 pandemic is sending shockwaves throughout the U.S. economy. The Congressional Budget Office’s latest projections show economic output plunging, while unemployment and federal deficits soar. So how bad could the economy get? And what does it mean for the shape of future coronavirus relief measures? CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman and Jennifer Shutt discuss.
- CBO details coronavirus economic shock
- Senate Democratic campaign chairwoman pushes coronavirus response from kitchen table
- House faces historic test of congressional subpoena power
- Meadows works for Trump and Jordan moved to Judiciary. What’s next for Oversight Republicans?
- Despite McConnell comment, states can’t go bankrupt, only default