Congress needs a continuing resolution to avoid a partial government shutdown next month. But how long should government operate on a stopgap? CQ Roll Call's David Lerman and Jennifer Shutt explain the political implications behind the duration of a stopgap, as well as the likelihood of any coronavirus relief in the near future.
- House will stay until coronavirus aid deal, Pelosi says
- Bipartisan House group to release $1.5 trillion coronavirus relief plan
- House Democrats worry last legislative message before election lacks COVID relief
- Please don’t count the early voting ballots before they’ve hatched
- Will COVID-19 close the revolving door?