A big week in appropriations could end a months-long partisan stalemate on federal funding. Appropriations and congressional leaders are scrambling to negotiate a year-end spending package to fund the government for the remainder of the fiscal year. Also on this episode, we discuss some developments on health care as a few bills move through that could overhaul Medicare and drug pricing. CQ Roll Call budget and tax editor Peter Cohn joins the podcast to explain what needs to happen before the recess on the spending deal, which drug pricing bill the White House supports and more.
- Wall funds, add-ons in play as spending talks enter final days
- Road ahead: Impeachment articles and spending bills top the agenda
- Deal banning surprise medical bills also ups tobacco purchase age to 21
- Senators renew drug price push ahead of House Democrats’ vote
- Foreign aid rider tangles up final spending talks
- Lowey: Appropriations deal could be struck this weekend