With only days remaining in the current fiscal year, congressional leaders are struggling to pass a stopgap funding measure to avoid a partial government shutdown. CQ Roll Call’s Jennifer Shutt and David Lerman explain how a partisan dispute over farm payments threatens to derail progress on the measure.
- Trump to announce SCOTUS pick Saturday, with Senate GOP expected to move ahead
- Wolf to face heated Senate hearing for Homeland Security job
- Partisan stopgap funding bill set for House vote Tuesday
- Supreme Court expected to forge ahead with eight justices after Ginsburg’s death
- Democrats keep edge in fight for Senate amid growing GOP headache