Military chiefs are expected to tell Congress this week that unless new funding is approved for the remainder of fiscal 2017, the armed services would have to cancel vital programs from grounding large portions of their aircraft squadrons to calling off military training exercises, says CQ Roll Call’s defense reporter John M. Donnelly, who obtained a copy of communiques that outline the Pentagon’s worries. Continuing to fund the remainder of fiscal 2017 at last year’s level would be a first for the U.S. military, says Donnelly.
Ep. 11: Military Brass Balks at Another Stopgap Funding Measure
- Armed Forces Say Yearlong CR Spells Danger
— John M. Donnelly (@johnmdonnelly) April 3, 2017
— John M. Donnelly (@johnmdonnelly) April 5, 2017
— CQ Now (@CQnow) April 4, 2017