A dire outlook for a ballooning deficit is the latest hit to the U.S. economy, according to a new Congressional Budget Office report. CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman and Paul Krawzak break down how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the deficit and examine the bleak future for the Social Security and Medicare trust funds.
- Pelosi, Mnuchin plan ‘clean’ CR, but length, other details unclear
- Trump administration requests funds for agencies hurt by the pandemic
- Congress faces tough call next month on stopgap funding length
- No ground given in coronavirus aid talks after Pelosi mocks Meadows
- Clyburn to Mnuchin: This is a ‘call to action’