After years of scandal, Congress banned earmarks in 2011. But growing bipartisan support could lead to a return of congressionally directed spending as soon as January. CQ Roll Call’s David Lerman and Jennifer Shutt discuss what lawmakers are proposing and how politics will impact the talks.
- Four weeks to go: Lindsey Graham joins 10 most vulnerable senators list
- Pump breast milk in an airport bathroom? You shouldn’t have to, says Tammy Duckworth
- COVID-19 hastens fintech adoption while industry seeks guidance
- Supreme Court functions in midst of COVID-19 chaos on first day of new term
- COVID-19 threatens Senate chaos, but no pause in Barrett confirmation process