The COVID-19 pandemic is acting like a wrecking ball on the U.S. economy, as a staggering 6.6 million unemployment claims were filed last week. We turn to CQ Budget Tracker David Lerman to discuss how the 2.2 trillion stimulus package might act as a salve.
- State requests for more assistance ‘probably the biggest leverage’ for a phase four stimulus, Pelosi says
- Pelosi wants coronavirus select committee but that requires a vote
- FDA: No evidence COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or packaging on food
- Four Capitol Police officers test positive for novel coronavirus
- Citing virus, nuclear agency pulls back inspectors