The Trump administration says it will round up undocumented immigrants who have missed a court date in an effort to deter others migrants from seeking refuge in the United States. But raids could exacerbate family separations, report CQ Roll Call’s Tanvi Misra and Jinitzail Hernandez, who just returned from visiting one of the largest migrant detention centers in Homestead, Fla., where the government is holding 2,000 teenage immigrants.
- DHS watchdog details dangerous conditions for migrants at border centers
- Democrats decry harsh conditions after border facility tours
- After Democratic divisions, House passes border spending bill
- Hirono gives emotional plea for migrant children and families
- House approves Senate version of border bill after Pelosi yields
- Escobar pleads for empathy for migrants
- Trump defends border patrol agents, need for citizenship question on census
Get breaking news alerts and more from Roll Call on your iPhone.