There is a lot to learn from covering the White House for four years. For former CQ Roll Call White House correspondent John T. Bennett, that included realizing aides for President Donald Trump were looking into that “Hakuna Matata” thing; whether the president’s accessibility is a double-edged sword; and how to stay sane in a crazy environment.
Now as Bennett takes on a new assignment as bureau chief with The Independent of London, he shares some of the biggest lessons he got from life in the Executive Mansion in the latest Political Theater podcast.
- Trump Vows ‘Strong Action’ Wednesday on Border Security
- Trump admits he lacks exit strategy for an Iran war
- For White House press pool on Trump’s impeachment day, the silence was deafening
- Stage-managing ‘The Trump Show on the Road’ in Biarritz
- Trump drags ‘Sharpiegate’ into second day as latest self-inflicted wound festers
- Trump thrives amid turmoil, and is banking that voters won’t mind
- What it Was Like to Be in the Chamber for the Maverick’s Dramatic Health Care Vote
- By praising Baghdadi-cornering K-9, Trump stirs Islam’s complicated dog history — and his own
- Mulvaney acknowledges 2016 election investigation was tied to Ukraine aid freeze
- Trump is a one-man war room on impeachment inquiry
- Still confused about Trump’s demands of Congress? Maybe it’s you
Subscribe to this podcast below: