Democrat Sherrod Brown was first elected to the House in 1992 and just won a third Senate term in 2018. Perhaps aware of the history that surrounds him and his own place in it, he has a new book out, “Desk 88.”
That is where he sits in the Senate, and the book is a series of portraits of the senators who sat there before, a list that includes Hugo Black, Robert F. Kennedy and George McGovern.
Political Theater also spoke with him about the likely coming impeachment trial, when the senator would be expected to sit in Desk 88 and consider whether to remove President Donald Trump from office.
- Why politicians, and everyone, need to think about legacy
- Sen. Sherrod Brown says he isn’t running for president
- Giving George McGovern His Due
- ‘Bobby Kennedy for President’ Highlights a Capitol Legacy
- Even Senators Are Awestruck by Ted Kennedy’s Senate Chamber
- Late Senator Scolds Public in Self-Help Book
- ‘American Factory’ arrives in time fraught with U.S.-China troubles