Posted September 30, 2019 at 4:20pm
- Giuliani subpoenaed: House Democrats conducting an impeachment inquiry of the president issued a subpoena for President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, asking him to produce by Oct. 15 documents relating to his interactions with Ukrainian officials as well as U.S. persons who helped in pursuing an investigation of former Vice President Joe Biden’s son.
- Search is on: Despite legal protections guaranteed to whistleblowers, the search is on inside the White House for the intelligence community official who raised concerns about Donald Trump’s conversation with Ukraine’s leader, the U.S. president said Monday. More.
- By the rules: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell reiterated on Monday that he is bound by Senate rules to take up articles of impeachment if they are presented by the House. “Under the Senate rules, we’re required to take it up if the House does go down that path, and we’ll follow the Senate rules,” McConnell said. “It’s a Senate rule related to impeachment that would take 67 votes to change.” More.
- “Wacky” weekend: From “unhinged” to “reprehensible” to “wacky,” Democratic lawmakers had harsh words for President Donald Trump and Republicans after the president and his allies in Congress over the weekend tried to defend his phone call pressuring Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden. More.
- I got this: President Donald Trump has no plans to hire a team of lawyers and communicators to fire back at House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, aides say. Instead, he’s already acting as a one-man war room. More.
- Picking up speed: House Democrats expect their impeachment inquiry to outpace ongoing court cases that were once seen as critical to their investigations into Trump. More.