A liberal health care group is launching a seven-figure campaign targeting more than 20 congressional districts ahead of the midterm elections.
Health Care Voter announced the campaign on Thursday and said it will also release a 50-state voter guide for every candidate for federal office.
Below are some of the districts included in the targeted campaign:
- The race for California’s 25th District is currently rated as Tilt Republican by Inside Elections with Nathan L. Gonzales. Rep. Steve Knight is running against Katie Hill.
- Iowa’s 1st District Rep. Rod Blum is considered the most vulnerable Republican by Roll Call. His race against state Rep. Abby Finkenauer is rated a Toss Up.
- Maine’s 2nd District Rep. Bruce Poliquin’s race is rated Lean Republican. He is facing Democrat Jared Golden.
- Colorado’s 6th District race is rated Toss Up. Rep. Mike Coffman is a frequent target of Democrats but has consistently won even when the district voted for Democratic presidential candidates. He is running against Army Ranger veteran Jason Crow.
- Rep. Karen Handel was elected to Georgia’s 6th District in a highly contested special election a month after the House voted to repeal the 2010 health care law. She is running against Lucy McBath, a gun control activist whose son Jordan Davis was killed by a white man annoyed by his loud music. The race in Georgia’s 6th District is rated Likely Republican.
- Rep. Vern Buchanan is running against David Shapiro in Florida’s 16th District. The race is rated Likely Republican.
- Rep. Pete Sessions has found himself in a surprisingly competitive race against former NFL player and civil rights lawyer Colin Allred. The district voted for Hillary Clinton and last month, Inside Elections changed its rating to Toss Up.
- Rep. Scott Taylor is running against Democrat Elaine Luria in Virginia’s 2nd District. The race is rated Lean Republican.
- Minnesota 3rd District Rep. Erik Paulsen is running against Democrat Dean Philips. The race is rated Tilt Republican.
- New Jersey’s 3rd District Rep. Tom MacArthur has been a target of Democrats since he crafted an amendment that led to the House passing the the repeal bill in May. His race against former Obama administration security official Andy Kim is rated Tilt Republican.
“Election Day is around the corner, and every GOP incumbent who supported this reckless agenda will face a reckoning at the ballot box. Health Care Voters are mobilizing to make sure of it,” spokesman Tim Hogan said in a statement.
In addition, the group also announced two new co-chairs. Ady Barkan, who is living with ALS, earned national notoriety when he confronted Republican Sen. Jeff Flake on an airplane last year.
Health Care Voter said it would spend the seven figures on “paid media, mailers and voter mobilization through Election Day.”
Edwards said her diagnosis of multiple sclerosis was a reason behind her joining the effort.
“I believe that health care is a right, not a privilege — and I look forward to using my story to inspire other health care voters to fight for their access to quality, affordable health care on November 6,” she said.
Watch: Why Activists Say They’re Protesting Kavanaugh