There will be a few new faces on the field at the 56th annual Congressional Baseball Game on June 15.
The teams begin practice with a few freshman lawmakers on their rosters and some players lost in the shuffle of the 2016 election.
Democrats will be seeking redemption after losing to the Republicans last year, 8-7, in a heart-stopping finish, which also ended their seven-game winning streak.
Sánchez has been on the team since her first year in Congress in 2003. Barragán will also play in the Congressional Women’s Softball Game this year.
Kihuen, 37, almost played professional soccer in Mexico in his early 20s before a career-ending injury.
Panetta, 47, was a league champion in wrestling and played fullback on his high school football team.
New York freshman Rep. Tom Suozzi is also on the Democratic roster.
While Republicans are missing two teammates from last year, they’ve picked up three new members.
They’re both about half the age of freshman Michigan GOP Rep. Jack Bergman, who spent 40 years in the Marine Corps before running for the House. Bergman, 70, is a retired three-star general.
The third GOP freshman, Kansas Rep. Roger Marshall, chose track over baseball in high school where he also played football and basketball. Marshall, 56, also ran track and competed in the decathlon at Butler County Community College.
- Rep. Pete Aguilar of California
- Rep. Nanette Barragán of California
- Rep. Donald S. Beyer Jr., of Virginia
- Rep. Brendan F. Boyle of Pennsylvania
- Rep. Tony Cárdenas of California
- Rep. Joseph Crowley of New York
- Sen. Joe Donnelly of Indiana
- Rep. Mike Doyle of Pennsylaniva
- Rep. Ruben Gallego of Arizona
- Rep. Jared Huffman of California
- Rep. Hakeem Jeffries of New York
- Rep. Dan Kildee of Michigan
- Rep. Ruben Kihuen of Nevada
- Sen. Christopher S. Murphy of Connecticut
- Rep. Jimmy Panetta of California
- Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. of New Jersey
- Rep. Ed Perlmutter of Colorado
- Rep. Jared Polis of Colorado
- Rep. Cedric L. Richmond of Louisiana
- Rep. Raul Ruiz of California
- Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio
- Rep. Linda T. Sánchez of California
- Rep. Marc Veasey of Texas
- Rep. Eric Swalwell of California
- Rep. Tom Suozzi of New York
- Rep. Joe L. Barton of Texas
- Rep. Jack Bergman of Michigan
- Rep. Mike Bishop of Michigan
- Rep. Kevin Brady of Texas
- Rep. Mo Brooks of Alabama
- Rep. K. Michael Conaway of Texas
- Rep. Ryan A. Costello of Pennsylvania
- Rep. Rodney Davis of Illinois
- Rep. Ron DeSantis of Florida
- Rep. Jeff Duncan of South Carolina
- Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona
- Rep. Chuck Fleischmann of Tennessee
- Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida
- Rep. Bill Johnson of Ohio
- Rep. Trent Kelly of Mississippi
- Rep. Darin LaHood of Illinois
- Rep. Doug LaMalfa of California
- Rep. Barry Loudermilk of Georgia
- Rep. Roger Marshall of Kansas
- Rep. Patrick Meehan of Pennsylvania
- Rep. John Moolenaar of Michigan
- Rep. Steven M. Palazzo of Mississippi
- Rep. Gary Palmer of Alabama
- Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky
- Rep. Erik Paulsen of Minnesota
- Rep. Steve Pearce of New Mexico
- Rep. Tom Rooney of Florida
- Rep. Dennis A. Ross of Florida
- Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana
- Rep. John Shimkus of Illinois
- Rep. Mark Walker of North Carolina
- Rep. Brad Wenstrup of Ohio
- Rep. Roger Williams of Texas
- Rep. Kevin Yoder of Kansas