Vote for Your Favorite SOTU Capitol Quip!
Have you ever wanted to play speechwriter for the State of the Union?
Or have you ever wondered just what Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, is thinking as he sits through the speech?
The five finalists for this week’s caption contest are ready for your votes.
Using the comments section below, vote for your favorite caption until 5 p.m. ET Thursday.
Here are this week’s finalists:
- Obama: The pen is mightier than the sword; Boehner: I had an inkling he’d say that.
- Obama: This veto pen has an almost hypnotic power!; Boehner: Maybe that’s why I’m falling asleep.
- Obama: I present to you, my tactical writing pen; Boehner: Watch the master make it all disappear.
- Obama: I wish bartender Mike was here; Boehner: I wish bartender Mike was here.
- Obama: Whenever I veto a bill, I like to use two pens; Boehner: The old double ‘cross!’
The cartoon with the winning caption will appear on this blog on Jan. 25 and in the following print edition of Roll Call. The contest winner will receive a signed color print of his or her Capitol Quip cartoon from the cartoonist, R.J. Matson.
The 114th: CQ Roll Call’s Guide to the New Congress
Get breaking news alerts and more from Roll Call in your inbox or on your iPhone.