Indigo Skirts Major Flare Up
An early Wednesday morning scare could have sent Indigo founder Dinesh Tandon’s hospitality dreams up in smoke. Luckily, things were brought under control before the budding restaurateur was forced to switch careers.
“Yes, sir, a small fire broke out,” Tandon said of the minor skirmish that compelled first responders to swing by his NoMa outpost .
“A washer/dryer that we use for aprons and other rags used in the kitchen,” Tandon explained. We wouldn’t have been surprised if the zesty pav bhaji had started spontaneously combusting. But perhaps that’s just wishful thinking from this seasoned heat-seeker.
The incident, Tandon stressed, will not interrupt the regularly scheduled lunch service.
“We did manage to open,” he confirmed.
Read more about Indigo and other D.C. restaurants in our forthcoming dining e-book, available soon on rollcall.com.
The 114th: CQ Roll Call’s Guide to the New Congress
Get breaking news alerts and more from Roll Call in your inbox or on your iPhone.