Road Closures for Concert for Valor on Veterans Day
The star-studded Concert for Valor planned for Veterans Day on the National Mall will result in many road closures around the Capitol on Tuesday.
From 6 a.m. until the conclusion of the event, the following street closures and traffic restrictions will be in effect for vehicles:
- First Street between Constitution Avenue Northwest and Independence Avenue Southwest.
- Pennsylvania Avenue between First Street Northwest and Third Street Northwest.
- Maryland Avenue between First Street Southwest and Third Street Southwest.
- Cars northbound on Washington Avenue Southwest between D Street Southwest and Independence Avenue Southwest will be redirected.
For pedestrian traffic:
- Union Square.
- 100 Block of First Street Northwest.
- Area north of and adjacent to Union Square (6 a.m. to midnight).
- U.S. Botanic Garden will be closed to pedestrians (5 p.m. to midnight).
Temporary lighting, message boards, and signs will be in place around the Capitol complex to help people find their way to the concert, according to the Capitol Police.