Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call Race Ratings Changes
While national polls show a stable landscape, polls in individual races continue to show some movement. That movement leads us to make a number of changes to our Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call ratings .
Most of the House changes benefit the GOP, while the Senate and governor changes are far more mixed.
- Georgia (GOP Sen. Saxby Chambliss is retiring) from Republican Favored to Leans Republican.
- Louisiana Senate (Democratic Sen. Mary L. Landrieu) from Pure Tossup to Tossup/Tilts Republican.
(Read more about the Senate changes in the Oct. 17 Rothenberg Political Report ($))
- Arkansas 2 (GOP Rep. Tim Griffin is not seeking re-election) from Leans Republican to Tossup/Tilts Republican.
- California 7 (Democratic Rep. Ami Bera) from Tossup/Tilts Democratic to Pure Tossup.
- Florida 26 (Democratic Rep. Joe Garcia) from Tossup/Tilts Democratic to Pure Tossup.
- Iowa 1 (Democratic Rep. Bruce Braley is running for Senate) from Leans Democratic to Tossup/Tilts Democratic.
- Massachusetts 9 (Democratic Rep. William Keating) from Safe Democrat to Favored Democratic.
- Nevada 3 (GOP Rep. Joe Heck) from Favored republican to Safe Republican.
- New York 11 (GOP Rep. Michael G. Grimm) from Tossup/Tilts Democratic to Pure Tossup.
- New York 18 (Democratic Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney) from Favored Democratic to Leans Democratic.
(Read more about the House changes in the Oct. 17 Rothenberg Political Report ($))
- Alaska (GOP Gov. Sean Parnell) from Leans Republican to Tossup/Tilts Republican.
- Idaho (GOP Gov. C.L. “Butch” Otter) from Safe Republican to Favored Republican.
- Illinois (Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn) from Tossup/Tilts Republican to Pure Tossup.
- Maryland (Democratic Gov. Martin O’Malley cannot seek another subsequent term; the seat is open) from Safe Democrat to Favored Democratic.
(Read more about the gubernatorial changes in the Oct. 17 Rothenberg Political Report ($))
Be the first to know about Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call race rating changes with our new Roll Call politics app !
A Senate Race Where Democrats Neutralized Obamacare Attacks
NRSC Confirms Tightening Race in Georgia
How ‘Dr. Dan’ Cured His Campaign Woes
DCCC Chief Pleads for Outside Money
Roll Call Election Map: Race Ratings for Every Seat
Get breaking news alerts and more from Roll Call in your inbox or on your iPhone.