Stocking Stuffers Galore in House Gift Shop
Still wrestling with what to get
mildly liked ones this holiday season?
Has the House Gift Shop got a deal for you!
On Dec. 2, nearly everything in stock will be 10 percent off. That’s right, bargain hunters, 10 percent off almost everything awkwardly stamped with a congressional seal. Staff said the discount does not apply to any of the Tiffany & Co. items (the sterling silver collection ranges from an $80 necklace with House seal-emblazoned charm to a $300 bracelet with a similar charm), 2013 holiday ornaments or special orders.
This year’s official holiday ornament features a mini Statue of Freedom purportedly carved from pieces of marble removed during a previous restoration.
There are also Constitution-themed knickknacks and patriotic tree hangers aplenty. Meanwhile, Christmas castoffs from years past (we spotted trinkets from 2005 to 2010) are 50 percent off.
Those looking to stretch their holiday dollars might consider snatching up any of the following keepsakes, all priced below $30 (before discount):
- Official U.S. House of Representatives beer koozie (red or blue): 85 cents
- Official U.S. House of Representatives Bic lighter (red or blue): $1.80
- Statue of Freedom commemorative coin: $6.55
- 57th Presidential Inauguration commemorative coin: $10
- “House Mouse, Senate Mouse” children’s book: $11.20
- Official U.S. House of Representatives pint glasses: $13.20
- Mini crystal Capitol Dome: $18
- Partisan bowties (navy blue with donkey logo, red with elephant logo): $28