Nevada Democrat Seeks Clinton, Obama Endorsements (Video)
Democratic National Committeewoman Erin Bilbray
The member: Two-term Rep. Joe Heck, a Republican, who won re-election by a 7-point margin last year.
Two-term Rep. Joe Heck, a Republican, who won re-election by a 7-point margin last year.
The district: President Barack Obama carried the 3rd District by a single point in 2012.
The candidate’s team
Democrat Erin Bilbray said she will seek support from former President Bill Clinton and President Barack Obama in her campaign for 3rd District in the southern tip of Nevada.
“I hope [Clinton] will, and of course I would ask,” Bilbray said in an Oct. 10 interview with CQ Roll Call. She later added that she believes an endorsement from Obama would help her in the district.
The daughter of former Rep. James Bilbray, another Nevada Democrat, she will try to defeat Rep. Joe Heck in 2014. She previously worked in the Clinton administration, during which she said she was a furloughed employee during the government shutdown then.
“It was very disheartening,” Bilbray said. “You know that you work hard, you know that you’re trying to do a good job, and to have people not value the hard work that you’re giving as a middle-class person? It’s upsetting.”
The race is rated Lean Republican by the Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.
to learn about upcoming interviews.
Previous candidate interviews:
- Illinois’ 13th District: Democrat Ann Callis
- Ohio’s 6th District: Democrat Jennifer Garrison
- Michigan’s 1st District: Democrat Jerry Cannon
- Montana’s At-Large District: Democrat John Lewis
- New York’s 23rd District: Democrat Martha Robertson
- Senate in North Carolina: Republican Thom Tillis
- Senate in Alaska: Republican Mead Treadwell
- Senate in South Carolina: Republican Lee Bright
- Senate in Iowa: Republican David Young
- Senate in Kentucky: Republican Matt Bevin
- Illinois’ 12th District: Republican Mike Bost
- Idaho’s 2nd District: Republican Bryan Smith
- Michigan’s 14th District: Democrat Rudy Hobbs
- California’s 45th District: Republican Mimi Walters
- Senate in Iowa: Republican Matt Whitaker
- Senate in Nebraska: Republican Shane Osborn
- Minnesota’s 6th District: Republican Tom Emmer
- Minnesota’s 6th District: Democrat Jim Graves
- Florida’s 2nd District: Democrat Gwen Graham
- Pennsylvania’s 13th District: Democrat Daylin Leach