Matt Whitaker Announces Senate Campaign Team #IASEN | Shop Talk
Republican Matt Whitaker has a full campaign team in place after officially launching his bid for the open Senate seat in Iowa last week.
The list, shared first with CQ Roll Call, includes a bevy of veteran national and Hawkeye State consultants and operatives to help the former U.S. attorney win what will be a competitive Republican nomination fight and capture a Democratic-held Senate seat.
His team includes:
- Media consultant Terry Nelson of FP1 Strategies
- General consultant Jeff Roe of Axiom Strategies
- Pollster Chris Wilson of Wilson Perkins Allen Opinion Research
- Digital strategist Zack Condry of The Prosper Group
- Strategic consultant Craig Schoenfeld, a veteran Iowa strategist
- Senior adviser Jennifer Rossman, a sixth-generation Iowan and former senior adviser to former GOP Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania
“This is a quality team with Iowa experience and national experience,” Whitaker said in a statement. “However the one thing they all have in common is a history of success. I’m excited to have top-notch professionals working for me as we run a campaign focused on getting our country back on track.”
Whitaker and David Young, a former chief of staff to Sen. Charles E. Grassley, were the first two major Republican candidates to enter the race for the seat of retiring Democratic Sen. Tom Harkin. Other Republicans are eyeing the seat, however, including state Sen. Joni Ernst, who was encouraged to run by Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds.
Rep. Bruce Braley appears to have the Democratic nomination locked up.