Remainders: And Then There Was Nunn
Posted May 20, 2013 at 5:20pm
Here’s what you may have missed “At the Races” on Monday …
- #IRS – CQ Roll Call’s Eliza Newlin Carney examines what the IRS mess means for campaign finance laws.
- #GASEN – Michelle Nunn, daughter of former Sen. Sam Nunn, D-Ga., will soon announce her decision on a Senate bid.
- #NC12 – A Democratic fundraiser is mulling a bid for Rep. Melvin Watt’s seat. Watt was recently nominated to run the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- #VASEN – The Virginia GOP changed how it will nominate Democratic Sen. Mark Warner’s 2014 challenger.
- #UT04 – Sarasota Springs Mayor Mia Love announced she will challenge Democratic Rep. Jim Matheson to a rematch in 2014.
What we’re mulling on Monday …
- #IA01 – Several Democrats are giving Democratic Rep. Bruce Braley’s seat a look, via The Des Moines Register. Braley is running for Senate.
- #OH06 – State Sen. Lou Gentile is the “leading” Democratic contender to challenge Rep. Bill Johnson, R-Ohio, via The Youngstown Vindicator.
- #MA07 – Democratic contenders are lining up in the event Democratic Rep. Michael E. Capuano runs for Massachusetts governor, via Boston Magazine.