Coble Discharged from Hospital, Won’t Return to D.C. This Week
Eighty-one-year-old Rep. Howard Coble, R-N.C. was discharged from a Greensboro, N.C., hospital Wednesday afternoon. He was admitted to Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital Tuesday after complaining of severe dizziness. Doctors could not find a direct reason for his symptoms and his vital signs were good, so he was released. Still, Coble said in a statement he would make lifestyle changes.
“I will admit that my dietary and nutrition habits are not exemplary,” he said, “so I am going to attempt to eat healthier and better balanced meals in the future.”
“I don’t think, however, that I will be adjusting my work schedule any. I hope to remain as visible and accessible in the 6th District and in Washington as in the past,” he said.
Coble’s chief of staff, Ed McDonald, said the Congressman left the hospital just after 4:30 p.m.
Coble will not return to Washington, D.C. this week.
The Congressman was previously hospitalized with a respiratory illness in December of 2011.