Shop Talk: NRCC Announces Regional Political Team
The National Republican Congressional Committee on Monday announced its regional political team for the 2014 cycle.
The committee’s political director, Rob Simms, said in a statement, “Each member has unique experience working within the political realm, which will prove to be an invaluable tool as we head into the 2014 election cycle.”
The newly announced team includes:
- Annie Kelly: Kelly will focus on top offensive target states for the NRCC — Georgia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Minnesota, Arizona and Utah — including the committee’s top seven targeted districts. Most recently, she served as campaign manager for Rep. Tom Latham, R-Iowa, in 2012.
Jon Reedy: Reedy will be the committee’s northeast regional political director. He served as the NRCC’s western regional political director during the 2012 cycle.
- Joe Pileggi: Pileggi will be the committee’s Great Lakes and Florida regional political director. He comes from Axiom Strategies, a consulting firm. In 2012, Pileggi served as campaign director for Mark Neumann, a GOP Senate candidate in Wisconsin, and worked on a statewide ballot initiative in Missouri.
- David Watts: Watts will be the committee’s central Midwest regional political director. He served as Midwest regional political director for the NRCC during the 2012 cycle.
- Robert Jones: Jones will be the committee’s western regional political director. In 2012, he served as the deputy director of the NRCC’s incumbent-retention system, the Patriot program.
- George Nassar: Nassar will be the committee’s southeast regional political director, the same position he held during the 2012 cycle.