Barracks Row Group Offers One-Time Classes
Searching for a midwinter pick-me-up? Looking to improve your culinary skills or sartorial style? Barracks Row Main Street, an organization aiming to rehabilitate the Eighth Street Southeast commercial corridor, is organizing a variety of one-time courses in conjunction with Barracks Row merchants. The evening classes, which cost $10 unless otherwise noted, run each Thursday from Jan. 22 to Feb. 26. For reservations or more information on the classes listed below, call (202) 544-3188 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 7-9 p.m. Jan. 22; Bike Repairs at Capitol Hill Bikes, 709 Eighth St. SE. Class is free.
• 6:30-9:30 p.m. Jan. 29; Mexican Cooking at Alvear Studios, 705 Eighth St. SE. Class is $50 per person.
• 7-8 p.m. Feb. 5; Aroma Therapy at Hoopla Traders, 733 Eighth St. SE. The class is free, but materials cost $10-$20.
• 7-8 p.m. Feb. 12; Do-it-yourself Framing at Frame of Mine, 522 Eighth St. SE.
• 6-7 p.m. Feb. 19; Wine Tasting at Chat’s Liquors, 503 Eighth St. SE.
• 6-7 p.m. Feb. 26; Fashion Show at Plaid, 715 Eighth St. SE.
— Bree Hocking