Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Steve Israel announced Thursday which members of his caucus will serve in the committee's leadership for the 2014 midterm cycle.
In terms of geography and gender, it's a mixed group. All members won re-election in 2012 by fairly safe margins.
“Building on House Democrats' 2012 success, these outstanding members will lead the charge to pick up seats in 2014 and continue reversing the tea party wave,” the New York congressman said at a news conference at party headquarters.
The national chairs:
- National chairman for candidate services: Rep. Jared Polis of Colorado
- National finance chairman: Rep. Allyson Y. Schwartz of Pennsylvania
- DC finance chairman: Democratic Caucus Vice Chairman Rep. Joseph Crowley of New York
- National mobilization chairman: Assistant Democratic Leader James E. Clyburn of South Carolina
- Chairman of the DCCC’s Frontline Program: Rep. Tim Walz of Minnesota
- Chairman of the DCCC’s Recruitment Committee: Rep. Donna Edwards of Maryland
- Vice chairman of DCCC’s Recruitment Committee: Rep. Gary Peters of Michigan
- Reps. Richard E. Neal of Massachusetts, Jim Himes of Connecticut and Terri A. Sewell of Alabama will be vice chairmen of Finance and chair the DCCC’s Business Council.