- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Elham Khatami covers social policy as a legislative action reporter for CQ. Prior to joining CQ, she served as an intern for the Sunlight Foundation, where she covered campaign finance and lobbying. She has also held features intern positions at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and CNN.
Raised in Pittsburgh, Elham is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, where she earned a B.A. in political science and nonfiction writing. While there, she served as Opinions Editor of the student newspaper, The Pitt News. Elham currently lives in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of the District.
The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday postponed until next week consideration of several gun regulation proposals sponsored by Democrats, after days of speculation that action on the bills would be delayed due to GOP opposition.
Quickly following House action, the Senate on Friday cleared an initial installment of aid for states damaged by Superstorm Sandy.