Senate Conservatives Fund — an organization that has traditionally supported conservative Senate hopefuls — has backed five House candidates.
On Tuesday, SCF Executive Director Matt Hoskins wrote the endorsements , which are part of the organization's new "House Conservatives Project."
"These candidates believe deeply in our nation's founding principles and will be strong voices for freedom in Washington," Hoskins wrote. "They are strong conservatives who will fight to balance the budget and repeal Obamacare."
- Georgia's 11th District: State Sen. Barry Loudermilk is running in the open primary to replace GOP Rep. Phil Gingrey, who is running for Senate. The primary is May 20.
- Alabama's 6th District: Dr. Chad Mathis, who is running in an open-primary to replace retiring GOP Rep. Spencer Bachus. The primary is June 3.
- West Virginia's 2nd District: Former Maryland Republican Party Chairman Alex Mooney, who is running in the open-seat race to replace Republican Rep. Shelley Moore Capito, a Senate candidate. The primary is May 13.
- Iowa's 3rd District: Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz is running in a contested primary to replace retiring Republican Rep. Tom Latham. The primary is June 3.
- Idaho's 2nd District: Attorney Bryan Smith challenging Republican Rep. Mike Simpson in the GOP primary on May 20.