EMILY's List will announce today that it is endorsing five House candidates as part of the Democratic effort to regain control of the chamber this fall. The women are running in districts where the races are tossups or slightly favor Republicans.
The Democratic candidates getting the pro-abortion rights group's stamp of approval today are:
- Attorney Shelley Adler, running in New Jersey's 3rd district against Rep. Jon Runyan
- Attorney Kathy Boockvar, running in Pennsylvania's 8th district against Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick
- State Assemblywoman Julia Brownley, running in California's open 26th district
- Former Rep. Carol Shea-Porter, running in New Hampshire's 1st district for the nomination to challenge Rep. Frank Guinta
- Former state Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, running in Arizona's new 9th district
“This year is already shaping up to be an historic one for Democratic women in politics,” EMILY's List President Stephanie Schriock said. “We can take back the House in 2012 – and we can make Washington work for women and families – but only if we elect strong women like Shelley, Kathy, Julia, Carol, and Kyrsten who will stand up against the GOP’s radical anti-woman agenda and work to build a more progressive America.”