Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Steve Israel named 26 of his colleagues to the Frontline program, a committee program designed to protect their most vulnerable incumbents.
“We call this program Frontline for a reason – these Members are on the vanguard of protecting and expanding the middle class,” Israel said in a written statement released Tuesday morning.
“While the 2014 campaign will be dominated by a strong offense taking on the Tea Party Republican Congress, our success begins with our Members," added Israel, a Democrat from New York. "These battle-tested men and women have proven time and again that they can win because no one better reflects the values of their districts."
Rep. Tim Walz, D-Minn. will spearhead the program as its chairman. He's a Frontline alumnus as recently as the 2012 cycle.
Otherwise, the list includes several freshman members and Blue Dog Democrats:
- Rep. Ron Barber, Arizona's 2nd District
- Rep. John Barrow, Georgia's 12th District
- Rep. Ami Bera, California's 7th District
- Rep. Timothy H. Bishop, New York's 1st District
- Rep. Julia Brownley, California's 26th District
- Rep. Cheri Bustos, Illinois' 17th District
- Rep. Lois Capps, California's 24th District
- Rep. Suzan DelBene, Washington's 1st District
- Rep. Bill Enyart, Illinois' 12th District
- Rep. Elizabeth Esty, Connecticut's 5th District
- Rep. Pete Gallego, Texas' 23rd District
- Rep. Joe Garcia, Florida's 26th District
- Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick, Arizona's 1st District
- Rep. Ann McLane Kuster, New Hampshire's 2nd District
- Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, New York's 18th District
- Rep. Dan Maffei, New York's 24th District
- Rep. Jim Matheson, Utah's 4th District
- Rep. Mike McIntyre, North Carolina's 7th District
- Rep. Patrick Murphy, Florida's 18th District
- Rep. Bill Owens, New York's 21st District
- Rep. Scott Peters, California's 52nd District
- Rep. Raul Ruiz, California's 36th District
- Rep. Brad Schneider, Illinois' 10th District
- Rep. Carol Shea-Porter, New Hampshire's 1st District
- Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, Arizona's 9th District
- Rep. John F. Tierney, Massachusetts' 6th District