- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
A man stabbed another man in the neck with a pen in front of the Rayburn House Office Building around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, the U.S. Capitol Police confirmed.
Although specific details are not yet available, Sgt. Kimberly Schneider, the Capitol Police’s public information officer, confirmed that two men are in custody. Both men were arrested on charges of assault with deadly weapons: Michael Hardy allegedly used a helmet in the assault, while Terris Hewlin allegedly used a pen.
Neither man appears to be a Congressional staffer.
The arrests occurred in the Rayburn horseshoe area on the 200 block of South Capitol Street SW. At least one of the men was taken to a hospital, although it is unclear which, Schneider said.