- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
But it’s not clear how many other moderate Democrats will join the West Virginia senator, who won’t face the voters again until 2018, in a push for new laws. In 2014, Democrats play defense in 20 seats — many of them in red states such as Alaska, Alabama, Louisiana and Montana.
One of those incumbents, Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus of Montana, is the only Senate Democrat to receive an “A+” rating from the NRA.
Niels Lesniewski contributed to this report.