- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
Obama’s fiscal 2015 budget request called for the same level of funding as fiscal 2014 — $868 million — for the HHS program that provides care for unaccompanied minors and seeks permanent homes for them. In calling Friday for appropriators to hike that figure to $2.28 billion, OMB Deputy Director Brian C. Deese wrote that “providing appropriate flexibility to HHS and relevant components at DHS in the FY 2015 appropriations bills would help address unforeseen needs.”
Deese also asked in his letter for appropriators to kick in an extra $166 million in funding for DHS, to pay costs such as CBP overtime pay and ICE transportation of the unaccompanied minors.