- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
Breaking barriers to the affordability and access to basic food staples — vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes — is a solid start to practicing what we preach. Imagine walking into a local corner store and seeing red apples instead of red licorice on display, or an influx in programs that teach children how to purchase and prepare obesity-fighting foods.
Reforming the farm bill requires every taxpayer and lawmakers’ full attention. It’s a move that will start to encourage major changes in America’s dietary habits. And with the support of influential game-changers like Jay-Z and Beyonce, plant-based diets are here to stay, laying a blueprint to help restore America’s health.
Susan Levin is the director of nutrition education for the nonprofit Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.